1. Policies enable notifications based on the events taking place within the platform. To configure policies, use the Policy Management menu.
2. The first step is to define the module for which a policy will be configured. Once set, give a name, description, and set a severity for the policy. One represents a low severity, and ten represents the highest severity value.
3. The next step is to define a rule. Based on the chosen module, different variables for a rule are used. Click the green “+” button, and select “Add Condition”. For the E-mail Security module, a rule with the variable “subject” and condition “exists” will match all reported e-mails with a subject field.
4. Once the rule is configured, the next step is to define an alert. Click the “+Alert” button to add an alert. An alert consists of an action and an alert configuration. Alert configuration is the destination for the action. If no alert configuration is set previously, click the “+ Alert Configuration”.
5. A sub-page will be opened to the right of the page. Give a name, description, and set the parameters for the alert. The system enables the creation of customized messages. The dynamic variables are added to the message by double-clicking on them.
6. Once the alert configuration is configured, it can be assigned to the policy. Once set the sent notification can be enriched by adding additional variables. (Multiple Selection)
7. Finally, save the policy. Events and alerts related to the policies are displayed in the “Event Log” and “Alert Log” menus within the “Policy” section.